In a statement released on Monday, management of Madison Lodge said the room which the said ballots were found in were booked by a gentleman by name Andy Owusu – special assistant to Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi.
The hotel says Andy dropped two bags and stayed in the room for two hours with a fair skin lady, whom they suspect he has an amorous relationship with.
Mr Wontumi, according to the statement, led a team of police officers on Sunday to ransack the hotel room in which Andy booked and found out that the bags he left contained thumb-printed ballots.
Below is the full statement
NPP assertion of Thumb printed Ballots scandalous
The attention of Madison Lodge has been drawn to images and videos circulating on social media, alleging that thumb printed ballot papers were found in our hotel rooms. We wish to state the following
1. On Saturday, December 3 at 7:20PM, a gentleman by name Andy Owusu, who is a known face in Kumasi and special Assistant to Chairman Wontumi, booked three rooms, he said was meant for some investors of his business.
2. He dropped 2 Bags and stayed in the room for 2 hours with a fair lady.
3. Chairman Wontumi, on Sunday, led Police men and media to our hotel premises to the very room his assistant booked, only to be told they were thumb printed Ballot.
4. We see this as scandalous and an attempt to destroy our brand as one of the serene hotels in Kumasi.
5. We are therefore willing to cooperate with the Police to find the true intent of Chairman Wontumi and his special Assistant.