The Electoral Commission (EC) has announced that it will from November 10 – 18 accept applications for Accreditation from recognized Observer Groups interested in observing the upcoming Presidential and Parliamentary elections.
The Commission has outlined what information it would require from persons in need of accreditation.
Persons applying to observe the polls must have the following:
- Name of the Observer Group.
- Address and exact location of the Group.
- Name and contact details of Leaders of the Group.
- Names of all persons to be deployed by the Group.
- Total number of Observers to be deployed.
- In case of international groups:
- Date of arrival of team members
- Number of team members
- Registration documents of the group.
According to the electoral body, the requests may be submitted in hard copy to the Director Electoral Services at the Commission’s Head Office in Accra specifically on the 4th floor of the main building or by email at: email@example.com .
The application form can be downloaded from the Commission’s website at: www.ec.gov.gh.
The Commission says it is important for all applicants to note that it reserves the right not to grant the request “where it is established that the Group is directly or indirectly linked, affiliated or connected with any political party interested in a particular outcome of the elections.”
Also, any requests submitted after the deadline of November 18, 2016 will not be considered.
Story by Ghana | Myjoyonline.com